Atlas is an electronic altimeter with a digital display which can be used as either an audible or visual instrument.
- Eight alarm groups; Includes both free fall and/or canopy alarms
- Customizable through Paralog & Neptune Maintenance Utility (NMU)
- Canopy alarms include approach alarms preceding each selected alarm altitude
- Canopy alarm volume is adjustable for those who wish to hear alarms from their wrist
- Logs over 200 jump Profiles and over 2,500 jump Summaries
- Jump odometer for fast-paced training days
- Up to 32 dropzone and aircraft names can be entered using Paralog-NMU
- Time under canopy and free fall time are logged
Waterproof up to six feet for up to one hour
Designed primarily for sport skydiving, the “galaxy” features:
- a newly designed screw on lens that can be replaced by its owner,
- a large 2″ dial face, either glow in the dark, white face, or custom face
- increased size and thickness of the numbers for ease of reading,
- engraved serial number,
- 1″ thick robust aluminum casing available in a variety of colors,
- a sturdy hand mount
Altimaster has been the leading skydiving altimeter for nearly 50 years, it has remained in that position due to it’s quality and a policy of ongoing development to ensure that the Altimaster altimeter reflects the needs of modern skydiving.
The galaxy has an altitude range of 18,000 feet MSL, marked in 250 foot increments. The face of the galaxy is highlighted with a yellow caution and red warning arc that starts at 3,000 feet. The galaxy contains a durable mechanism made from temperature compensating metals for minimal friction and precision accuracy.
The galaxy can be comfortably worn with a hand mount or a Velcro wrist mount band that fits to, or can be mounted upon any parachutist’s glove. The complete instrument, with hand mount, weighs 5.8 oz.
For pond swoopers who don’t want to use an Altimaster Neptune – no problem!!
We are pleased to announce “Galaxy Extreme” this model is based on the Galaxy but has been modified to be waterproof.
It is available in the normal galaxy colors and with the phosphorescent “glow” dial face, the traditional white face, or a custom face.
New 0-4000m/rev Metric face: The galaxy is now available in a 0-4000m per rev metric face. This is currently only available in the traditional white face.
The Altimaster II was originally designed by Stephen L. Snyder almost 50 years ago. The Altimaster face is internationally recognized.
Steve Snyder introduced the Altimaster concept of: 0-12,000′ which was founded on the belief that most people are accustomed to reading a clock face, and that a freefall takes about 60 seconds — one sweep of the second hand. The needle points at the numbers and does not cover them up.
The Altimaster II contains a durable mechanism made from temperature compensating metals for minimal friction and precision accuracy with an altitude range of 18,000 feet. Available with feet or metric face.
A unique version of the Altimaster II was created especially for President Bush.
Altimaster III’s and Altimaster II’s are fully supported by Alti-2 Inc. and sold with a ten year warranty upon registration. (Rules apply, see warranty for complete details)